The main "unibody" 4mm plate is CNC milled out of a solid sheet of premium Lumenier carbon fiber. The outer weave of the carbon fiber runs in line down each arm of the QAV-XS (0/90 weave), maximizing the strength of the carbon and arms. The center layers are offset at 45 degrees providing even and balanced strength throughout the entire plate. The main plate and top plate have a chamfered edge on top and bottom giving it a nice finished look and removes any sharp edges. Each piece of carbon is cleaned and sprayed with a clear coat for a premium finish. There is no sanding required, and no messy carbon dust.
The top plate includes an antenna SMA mounting hole, and cable tie holes allowing you to lock down your antenna in place. The top plate also has a cutout allowing access to your VTX button and LED displays for easy channel adjustment. The balancing bumps on the sides of the top plate make it easy to measure the center of gravity on your frame in the field to get the perfect balance.
Each kit includes a carbon fiber battery protector plate. The airframe is designed to strap a LiPo battery to the bottom, leaving the battery exposed during a hard landing or crash. Use this included plate to wrap underneath the battery, sandwiching the pack between the main plate and protector plate. Additionally, you can use the included Neoprene foam to create a landing pad on the bottom of the battery protector plate. This will help keep the airframe upright during take off and landings.
The airframe comes with high quality aluminum hardware. All screws are premium, black oxide steel. The spacers have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe. The spacers are also 28mm tall vs the standard 35mm. This gives the airframe a sleek, low profile look.
Included with the QAV-XS Stretch kit is the popular Lumenier 4Power power distribution board which can be fitted with an optional Pololu voltage drop-down circuit (to 12v or 5v), a XT60 pig-tail. Like the QAV210/180, the QAV-XS kit enables mounting of small FPV cameras such as the Lumenier CM-650 in a fully encased assembly which protects the FPV camera during crashes and enables pointing the FPV camera at a wide variety of viewing angles.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe featuring a solid 4mm main plate.
- Dual purpose FPV and HD camera mounting solution.
- Stretch-X Compact size for 5" propellers, 222mm motor to motor.
- Black Oxide steel screws
- Easy grip black anodized spacers
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, just like the QAV250.
- Included Lumenier 4Power power distribution board and XT-60 Pig-Tail to power ESCs and FPV flight electronics. The PDB can optionally be outfitted with a Pololu
- 12v or 5v voltage step-down (Pololu board not included).
- LiPo battery protection plate included.
- Designed around popular 26mm sized cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650 or HS1177.
- Support to carry HD camera at 35 degree angle(such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, etc).
- Lightweight and rigid
- Compatible with Lumenier Race Pod.
- Airframe : 86g (airframe + hardware), 91g (with battery protector plate).
- 1x QAV-XS Stretch Carbon Fiber airframe kit (4mm)
- 4mm carbon fiber unibody main plate
- 2mm carbon fiber top plate
- 2x 1.5mm carbon fiber camera sidewall plates
- 1x 1.5mm HD camera mounting plate
- 1x 1.5mm Battery protector plate
- 1x Set of black steel screws and aluminum hardware including knurled spacers
- 1x Lumenier 4Power Power distribution board + 3mm spacer / screw set
- 1x set 6mm black polyamide spacers / screws for flight controller
- 1x XT-60 Pig-Tail
- 2x Neoprene foam tape
- 1x Lumenier small lipo strap
- View the QAV-X Build Manual (Same build steps for QAV-XS)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.