The popluar and versatile 280 class FPV racer with 6" propellers
Storm Type-A V3 Storm Spec with SP Racing F3 FC
The Storm Type-A racing drone has evolved to version 3, upgraded with the latest electronics and 15%
lighter weight for better performance.
Designed by professional FPV racers, the Type-A frame is a classic design with replaceable 4mm carbon fiber arms and 1.5mm main frames, all-up-weight is 417 g only (without battery). The Storm Type-A V3
is an optimized blend of the latest technology and components, utilizing EMAX MT2204-2300kv and HQ 6 x 4.5 propellers which is a super efficient combination for all kinds of flight style, we tried it with a 3S 2200mah 35C battery and we've got about 9~10 minutes of quality flight time which is incredible for such small quadcopter. The Foxeer 700TVL
CMOS camera combined with the Skyline TS58400 (400mw) VTX delivers excellent FPV experience. It is powerful quadcopter
that is ideal for both FPV (First Person View) or LOS (Line of Sight) flying.
Storm Type-A V3 Features
Storm Type-A V3 Upgrade Highlights (Compare with V2)
- 280mm size (motor to motor)
- Carbon Fiber airframe with 4mm replaceable arms
- Powerful Motors and 6045 Propellers for quick acceleration and sharp cornering
- Storm tuned BetaFlight parameters and Three flight modes
- Skyline TS58400 400mw VTX for powerful video tranmission
- Adjustable tilt angle 90° camera and Video Transmitter, ZERO delay and good quality video in the forest
- Installed with OSD module, it overlays Battery Voltage and Horizontal Line on the video screen
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms protect the motors in a crash
- Built-in remote triggering buzzer for lost-n-found
- Built-in low battery warning buzzer
- Able to carry ActionCam (such as GoPro 4, Mobius, or GoPro Session) with camera mount
Thank you FPV-Leif for sharing this amazing video
Thank you tyvgbjk for sharing this amazing video
Thank you Magnus Sæternes Lian for sharing this video on youtube
Thank you Hover State Photography for sharing this video
Thank you Guillaume Thery for sharing this video
Thank you Guillaume Thery for sharing this video
Thank you Rob Elliott for sharing this video
The classic Storm Type-A, designed by players, for players.
Comes to the third generation, it's lighter
- Camera changed to Foxeer XAT700 HS1177 FPV camera
- CC3D changed to SP Racing F3 w/ BetaFlight (Storm tuned)
- 15A ESC changed to Storm Mini 30A w/ JST connector
- Power distribution cable changed to a distribution board, much lighter and cleaner wiring
- Gemfan propellers changed to HQ 6 x 4.5 propellers
, faster, and more efficient
Don't have time to build one?
We build it for you!
We have years of experience in this field and learned a lot of know-how on how to build a good FPV racer, we care about details and expect nothing less from our RTF or BNF aircraft, we also provide different spec built for different experience, each drone is built and tested by Storm factory guys to ensure you'll get a truly world class, out-of-box ready to fly FPV racer. Preloaded with Storm tuned 3 Flight mode + 3 Speed mode, everyone can enjoy, from beginners to experts.
The Storm Type-A V3 includes our exclusive optimized BetaFlight Parameters!
Pre-loaded with three flight modes and three speeds.
The Angle Mode
is auto-leveled making is a no-stress flying experience for the complete beginner or for flight training.
In Horizon Mode
the drone is no longer limited by angle, allowing you to do flip and roll, auto-leveling directly after performing the trick.
In Rate Mode
, the drone will fly like an airplane with no auto-leveling or angle limitation, making it great for flying around in large spaces.
These flight modes are completely unique to the Storm Type-A V3 – there is nothing else like it on the market.
Specially picked high efficient propulsion system
You want speed and long flight time, this is the perfect combination!
Upgraded to Storm Mini 30A ESC
The ESC is connected to the power distribution board with JST connector, in case you need to replace with a new ESC, just unplug the old one and connect a new one, no soldering is required!
Upgraded with Foxeer CMOS camera
Provides great image quality
during transitions from bright to dark lighting conditions. The tilt angle is adjustable for different flight
Skyzone TS58400 400mw Video Transmitter provides reliable and long range video transmission
Included Storm MiniMOSD Module for BetaFlight, tells you the critical flight data
Installed with a remote controlled battery-warning buzzer!
A remote controlled battery-warning buzzer comes already installed in the drone. This buzzer will alert you when the low voltage threshold (adjustable) has been reached. You can also trigger the buzzer using a switch on the transmitter to help locate the aircraft if you happen to land in tall grass.
A big reason for upgrading FrSky radio set (* optional)
You'll get telemetry data on the FrSky transmitter screen such as Battery voltage, Radio signal... etc, and it'll voice alert you for low battery and radio signal.
Storm Type-A V3 (w/ SP Racing F3 Flight Controller) Specifications :
- Weight : 417g (without battery)
- All-up-weight : 597g (with 3S 2200mah 35C battery)
- Dimension : 163mm (L) x 200mm (W) x 34mm (H) (without battery)
- Motor : EMAX MT2204-2300kv Motor
- Propeller : HQ 6 x 4.5 propeller
- ESC : Storm Mini 30A ESC w/ JST connector
- Flight Controller : SP Racing F3 (BetaFlight firmware w/ Storm tuned parameters)
- OSD Module : Storm MiniMOSD Module
- FPV system : Skyzone TS58400 400mw VTX
- Camera : Foxeer 90° 700TVL CMOS (PAL)
- Battery : support 3S 1500mah to 2200mah LiPo battery (* sold separately)
- RC transmitter : optional
- RC receiver : optional
This package includes :
Fully Assembled Type-A (w/ BetaFlight firmware)
6pcs Clockwise HQ 6 x 4.5 Propeller (4 of them are spare)
6pcs Counter-Clockwise 6 x 4.5 Propeller (4 of them are spare)
Storm lipo strap
Storm neoprene landing pads
3-in-1 Multi-nut Wrench (10mm / 8mm / 5.5mm)
ActionCam Mount w/ damper balls
* RC Transmitter sold separately
* Battery sold separately
* Charger sold separately
Useful Items :
* If you wish to further develop in this hobby, we recommend you upgrade the Radio System to FrSky Taranis X9D Plus radio set with your purchase, it gives you more compatibility in the future and you'll get real-time telemetry (e.g. Battery voltage, battery current, etc.) on the FrSky transmitter screen and voice alert.
* We recommend you get a lot of spare propellers.
* Get some extra batteries, as each pack gives you about 7~8 minutes of
flight time. In our experience you will want at least 5~6 packs for each race
day. We use a battery charger on site for non-stop flying.
* Remember this, the lighter the drone the better the handling. By using a
lighter battery for this drone you will get more nimble flight performance.
You will really appreciate the difference.
Useful Information :
Get it now for
USD $399.00 USD $299.00 only!