The XG8 DMSS Telemetry Radio System from JR is an outstanding addition to the market and JR's line of superb-quality radios. The first Radio to incorporate JR's own DMSS Technology - Dual Modulation Spectrum System - 100% JR, it leads the way for a new era in Radios.
The XG8 is the first JR transmitter to come with a 2S Li-Fe battery, being fitted with a 1400 mAh pack. This has greatly reduced the weight of the transmitter, which weighs in at only 770 grams. It also ensures perfect balance. The transmitter has an integrated charging circuit so just plug in the AC adapter supplied and the charging unit will shut down automatically once it detects that the battery is fully charged. No more worries overcharging! The XG8 offers Aeroplane, Helicopter and Glider modes, a 30 model internal memory, stick modes 1 to 4 and an SD card slot for model data sharing, expanded storage and software updates (SD card not supplied).
Programming is easy thanks to JR's well-proven, intuitive user interface with data entered using the familiar scroll bar and four push-button entry keys. The programming information is clearly displayed on the large, graphical back lit screen. XG8 uses the new JR DMSS 2.4 technology which, besides offering a secure, robust radio link to control your models, also offers advanced telemetry functions and JR's new Intelligent Output System. Receiver voltage telemetry is built in as standard and other forthcoming add-on sensors will give you real time feedback of information from your model such as the RPM of an aircraft propeller or helicopter rotor blades, temperature and variometer/altimeter readings.
JR's Intelligent Output System automatically selects control signals that need to be transmitted at exactly the same time and transmits the data for these channels as one complete signal frame. This ensures that there is no time delay when commanding servos used for critical functions such as a CCPM swash plate on a helicopter or when operating a four servo aileron wing. Other features include side-lever controls on either side of the transmitter, a Touch Select System for switch selection, dual trim options, a user selected menu for frequently used functions, failsafe on all eight channels, user assigned switch function, programmable throttle cut and two independent programmable timers.
What is JR DMSS?
Dual Modulation Spectrum System is JR's own 2.4GHz protocol. Although a late entry to the 2.4GHz market, DMSS can be considered as the truly 'state of the art' method of providing radio control for model use. And since JR have not rushed their own 2.4 protocol into production, they have been able to incorporate the very latest techniques for 'Wideband Data Transmission' into the next generation of JR radio control sets.
DMSS combines the best features of Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) and Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) protocols. FHSS is great for avoiding interference and DSSS offers high response. JR DMSS combines both these attributes, having both frequency hopping and high response.
The JR DMSS system uses a greater than 3Mhz wide signal as compared to the majority of others which utilise a much narrower [1Mhz or less] signal.
If we know anything about spread spectrum signals, the wider base signal [3Mhz Vs 1Mhz] allows for a huge increase in noise and interference immunity performance and at the same time allowing for much faster data bandwidth/throughput.
The fact that DMSS is actually using quite a wide bandwidth signal is a huge advantage in 2.4GHz performance and it will provide superior performance over any other current 2.4GHz system that is currently available.
DMSS also offers 'Two-Way Communication' (telemetry) with receiver voltage monitoring as standard. Other types of sensor are due soon, with Temperature and RPM sensors being the next types to become available from JR in late June.
However, probably the most important thing about JR DMSS is that it is 100% pure JR, with no involvement from any other outside company. This means that JR are back in full control of product development, so they can now concentrate on doing what they do best - making what are arguably the world's best quality radio control systems.
Will I be able to use DSM2 receivers with my JR DMSS transmitter?
No. JR DMSS is a completely new 2.4 protocol with the combined better features from FHSS and DSSS. DMSS transmitters will not work with earlier 2.4 receivers from either JR or other manufacturers.
Spektrum DSM2 - Compatible:
Spektrum radio owners and anyone else who flies small electric models will be pleased to know that the Spektrum receiver works perfectly with the DSX7 too.
RG831B 2.4Ghz DMSS 8-Channel receiver
JR XG8 Radio Set Key Features
- Dual Modulation Spectrum System
- Integrated Helicopter, Airplane and Glider mode.
- 30-model internal memory
- Large graphical screen with backlight
- Extremely light weight transmitter case with perfect balance.
- It only weighs 770 grams with the Li-Fe battery installed.
- 4 user-selectable control modes (Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3 and Mode 4)
- Includes RG831B 8channel high-speed Receiver with an extra telemetry module.
- The new JR Intelligent Output System automatically selects which control signals should be transmitted at exactly the same time. For example, the three channels of a CCPM swash plate or a 4 servo aileron wing type. It transmits the data for these channels as one complete signal frame. Thus, there is no time delay between channel data transmission for these critical functions.
- Features the DMSS advanced telemetry system which gives you real time feed back of information from the aircraft such as receiver voltage, flight pack voltage, r.p.m. of the motor propeller or rotor blades, temperature, and variometer/altimeter in the future. The possibilities are almost limitless.
- The charging circuit is integrated in the transmitter, so you only need to plug in the AC adaptor. The charging unit automatically detects a full charge and shuts off automatically.
- AC adapter can be used for not only charging but programming, and playing with flight simulator.
- Integrated SD card slot enables model data sharing, expanded storage and software updates.
- JR advanced intuitive programming interface.
- JR Jog Dial and 4 enter key interface for easy programming.
- Side-lever controller on both side of Transmitter.
- Touch Select System for switch selection.
- 2 type of trim selection for 4 controllers. (THRO/ Normal for EP or Idol for GP) (AILE/ELEV/RUDD/ Normal or Limited Stroke Trim to protect your linkage)
- User selected menu for frequently used functions.
- Fail safe position for each 8 channel.
- User-assigned switch function
- Programmable throttle cut
- Programmable 2 independent timer.
1 X JR PROPO XG8 2.4Ghz 8-channels Transmitter
- 1 X JR PROPO RG831B 2.4Ghz 8-channels Receiver w/ RA01T
- 1 X 2F1400 6.4V 1400mAh Li-Fe battery for transmitter
- 1 X JR PROPO Charger (100V-220V 2 Flat Pin)
- 1 X Thorttle Stick Plate Spring for helicopter mode
- 1 X L heaxgon driver
- 1 X Binding Plugs
- 1 X English Instruction Manual
Product Status : In-Stock
Get it now for
USD $529.90 USD $439.90 only!