New Era for Imgage Stabilizing!
Presenting the Airy Brushless Camera Gimbal for DJI Phantom
While Quadrocopter are developing very fast these days, we want to keep up on the Filming Equipments too! Now we have GoPro camera which is small and light and stunning image, what about the stabilizing rigs? That's why we made this Airy Brushless Motor Camera Gimbal with amazing stabilizing function, I'm not talking about a bulky and old school gimbal, this is state-of-the-art Brushless Motor Gimbal! So.... what is Brushless Motor?
It would be quite technical explaining what is Brushless Motor... let's say in this 5 years, everyone is using Brushless Motor on the Hobby Grade RC models because they are very powerful, great efficiency and very responsive, now we put this "magic" motor onto a Camera Gimbal and link up with a Gyroscope. So what does a Gyroscope do? It will pick up X (Pitch) and Y (Roll) axis rotation with pin point accuracy, after calculation the controller will tell the Brushless Motor to react in another direction. It happens at real time, what you will see is the GoPro camera always stay on the object, creating a stabilized and leveled video footage. Just look at the demo video we took, the GoPro HERO 3 was put inside the SD-8 Gimbal and the other GoPro HERO 2 put outside the gimbal, you will be amazed with the performance.
Motorized Gimbal is not new technology which existed in movie industry for a long time, but what the Airy brought to you now is one third of the price with 100% performance of those bulky and expensive equipment. With the Airy Camera Gimbal you can make your own Hollywood grade video with very low budget, best to use on DJI Phantom GPS Drone.
High Tech Equipment for Movie Grade Video
GoPro HERO 3 with stabilized and leveled video footage
Two screws to secure it onto the Phantom
Made for the Phantom, size and weight is just right.
- Gimbal weight : 209g
- With GoPro HERO 3 weight : 285
- Rotation Angle : Both Axis 45 degrees
- - Power Input : 11.1V (3S), you can share drone's battery
This package includes :
1. 1 X Airy Brushless Camera Gimbal (Fully tuned by Helipal, 100% ready to use out of box)
2. 1 X Jello Killer with 4 Rubber Damper Balls
3. 1 X Splitter Cable so you can power up the gimbal with Phantom's main battery
Tips for the gimbal
1. Must put GoPro 3 in the gimbal before start up. Gimbal is very weight sensitive, it requires very well weight distribution.
2. Make sure NO cable tangling the gimbal.
3. Hand held the gimbal as level as possible when starting up, that helps the gimbal to work better.
To control Tilt angle on the gimbal
1. This is quite complicated to make the tilt angle work on a phantom. First make sure you are able to connect Phantom to the Computer and use with NAZA software. If you can handle this part, please read on.
2. Open the Phantom body, and plug the Red Black plug from the gimbal into F2 port on the NAZA module, red wire downward, black wire upward.
3. Then connect Phantom to computer and open NAZA software, activate the Gimbal function, and set eh F2 gain to Zero.
4. That's all the setup you need to do, now you should be able to tilt the gimbal angle with the tiny lever on the back of your Phantom's transmitter, if you do not have this tiny white lever, you need to purchase it.
Suitable for : DJI Phantom or bigger drones (e.g. Storm Drone 6 GPS or Tarot FY690S)
This is a trouble free gimbal solution, just power up with 11.1V power source and it will work, no need to connect anything else. If your drone also use 11.1V power, you can share power with this gimbal, like our Storm Drone 6, it has spare JST plug for this gimbal. This gimbal is not only good for DJI Phantom, you can put it on the Storm Drone 6 and Storm Drone 6 GPS too, just use Zip Tie to hold it in place.
Product Status : In-Stock
Get it now for
USD $299.00 USD $189.90 only!